Wednesday, April 21, 2010

International Week!!


International week at Mills is the greatest!

All of the flags, food, and shows are so nice to experience. Out of everything though, my favorite is the International Food Faire. There are tables and more tables set up with different types of food from all sorts of cultures and clubs! It's overwhelming! However, it's all so delicious. My favorite food that I get has to be the burritos sold by my club, Latina Mentor Program. They are the perfect size and they taste delicious! But the desserts are always amazing too, like I had a Connolly and it was delicious! The thing that makes the faire not great, is the lines! Sometimes the lines for a certain food is so big, that I can't even see the food that is being sold! But I guess it's in the package=]

Another thing, is the assembly. I'm usually performing a type of Latin dance for my club, but when I get to see the other culture performing, it's so nice! Everyone is so good and passionate about what they are dancing to, or presenting, it gives me a taste of what their culture is like. Shows and food is the best way to experience someone else's culture, I agree completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment